• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Emma's Story free this weekend

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I got inspired by skip's free promotion of Goblins at the Gates and decided to try the same thing myself. I've signed up my novella Emma's Story to be available for free on the 2nd and 3rd of June.
According to Amazon, the start and end times of the promotion are based on midnight Pacific Time, but may start and end later due to "system latencies."
Basically, make sure you check the price before you click to download the book.

Emma's Story is a low key fantasy tale about a young woman who can't make up her mind about whether she wants to marry the man who's proposed to her or not.​

You'll find more details on the book's Amazon page, here.

Last edited:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
And it's on. Emma's Story is now available as a free download this weekend.

You'll find it here.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Just sharing my results for this.

Promotion:
The book was free for 48 hours, Saturday and Sunday. I posted about it on Instagram 4 times and on Facebook 3 times. I also posted in this thread here.

Results:
38 downloads and 3 KU pages read during the promotion. 1 book sold and another 3 KU pages read after the promotion ended.

I was kind of expecting more downloads, and thought the numbers would be higher. I'm comforting myself that maybe the bots didn't find the book and perhaps all the downloads are from real humans, but I'll never know.
Even then, I'm happy I got to try it out, and it gave me some opportunity to remind people about my book again, which is good. :)

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I recently had a free book promotion, but as I've got a new release coming soon (July 5), I'm putting up Emma's Story for free again. Due to having a brain fart I got the days mixed up a bit and the promotion will run from Thursday 28, to Saturday 30, this week.

DragonOfTheAerie - I mentioned this in another thread a while back. Now's a good time to check out the story if you haven't already.
Demesnedenoir - your thread about your release reminded me to use up my free days, but I figured posting about it in the thread about your release might be a bit cheap.

EDIT: Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078PTKPVP/

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
While getting your book, I glanced at my "also suggested for you" which made me wonder what chaos effect I have on also-boughts... I think the entire families book buying habits are in that account... Piles of Chinese cooking, crafts, writing, fantasy, romance, kids stuff... krikee.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
While getting your book,
It's not free yet! :D
Thanks though.

I'm not sure what's up with the Also Boughts on Emma's Story, but there are different books for me on .com and on .co.uk - the ones on the UK site is by a friend of mine, so I'm assuming it's the friends we both have in common that triggered that one. No idea what's up with the book on the US site though - I might have looked at that at some point.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
...and it's a go. Emma's Story is now available for free for the next 70 or so hours form the time of posting. Link.