• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Emma's Story

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I finally received the print copies I ordered for Emma's Story. I did a little unboxing (unbooksing) of them and put the pictures on my blog. It's not an actual video, but pictures. You'll get the idea though. :)

Book In Hand

It always feels great to hold the final print version of a book you've published in hand that first time. Hopefully the printers did their job right, and the quality inside is up to snuff. Nothing lets the air out of the sails like opening your book and finding numerous pages with faint ink. Happened to me once. So always check inside every book when you get your shipment. I had ordered several copies, and about half a dozen had the faint ink problem. I'd only checked one copy, and it was okay, so I didn't check some of them until much later, when it was too late to do a return.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Right, so it's almost two weeks since the book went live. It sold decently during the first few days, but it's dropped off now. I figure everyone who wanted to buy it now has, and if anyone else comes across it, it'll be through word of mouth. As such, I'll be hiking up the price of the ebook version to 2.99 tomorrow evening. This seems to be more in line with what's standard for a story this length, and it's not a price where I feel like I'm ripping people off (it's not even the price of a pint and it takes longer to read).

Also, if you happen to be in Cork, Ireland, there's a special offer at the cafe where I wrote the book:
2018-02-12 18.30.12.jpg

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I'll be in Scotland in June. Wish we could include Ireland. Maybe next time.

Don't overlook running a countdown sale in a few weeks.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Totally necroposting here, but...

Today marks the one year anniversary of my debut novella Emma's Story, and to celebrate, the ebook version is available for 0.99 moneys on the UK and US versions of Amazon.

UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Emmas-Story-Nils-Odlund-ebook/dp/B078PTKPVP/
US: https://www.amazon.com/Emmas-Story-Nils-Odlund-ebook/dp/B078PTKPVP/

On the one hand it feels like one year isn't that long, but at the same time it feels like it was really long ago. I published five books last year, but Emma's Story was the first one, and it probably means more to me than the rest of them put together. I wrote a post about it on my personal blog, here: One Year Anniversary