• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Evenin' all

Le Pistolet

Dreamer
Just thought I should show my face as another newbie here.

I've come along to showcase my new fantasy world that I'm currently creating to distract myself from exams at university.

I've created detailed backgrounds before, almost exclusively for WHRP, but I felt the restraints of someones else's creations just a little too much, so decided to branch out and create 'The Realms', a land of men loosely based on Dark Age to quasi-Georgian Britain and Scandinavia.

I don't know where it will take me, as I have only written short stories before, but maybe a series of short stories would be perfect.

See you all around

Chilari

Staff
Ah exams, and the use of fiction to distract from them. I frequently find I write the most when I have iminent essay deadlines or exams to study for.

Welcome to the forum.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Welcome Pistolet!

We'll look forward to hearing more about your fantasy world. I am curious, though, as to what "WHRP" is?

Le Pistolet

Dreamer
Welcome Pistolet!

We'll look forward to hearing more about your fantasy world. I am curious, though, as to what "WHRP" is?

Ah sorry, normally used to the forums I post on getting the acronym, it's Warhammer Roleplay to those not in the know ;)

Wargaming is how I got into the fantasy genre, but I have left it behind as I enjoyed writing and fleshing out backgrounds rather than actually playing/painting etc...

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
OK. I've heard of Warhammer before. The local RPG shop which I frequent hosts games there on a regular basis.