• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Ex pro wrestler here.

Bonesaw

Hello all,

I have been interested in fantasy-writing since high school. I also spent about 8 years in professional wrestling where I learned a few things about action-storytelling and how to get the audience to hate and like the characters. Hopefully I will have some success in coupling the two.

I have written a lot of short stories, but lately have fallen into what is becoming a rather large project that will become a book someday- or at least I would like it to.

Anyway, I have been lurking here for a while, but decided to join mainly to showcase and ask questions. I am more than happy to answer any questions about wrestling, as I have on other non-related forums. I feel compelled to put forth the usual disclaimer that when I post I am not in "writing mode," so my grammar and style in those instances don't really reflect my actual fiction.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Welcome Bonesaw
We all start with an idea that may or may not become a book!
I think you might have a facilitating insight in to characters from your professional career.:p

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Welcome, Bonesaw! You should meet Phil The Drill. He, too, was a wrestler. Can't wait to see some of your Showcase pieces.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Welcome Bonesaw! I also wrestled for about 4 years in the indies. I think wrestling is a good way to learn about story-telling because you have to convey a lot of emotions in your matches. If you have any questions here, we have a great group!