• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Feedback on world building illustration

John M

Dreamer
Hi guys,

I had an illustration done recently that I would love some feedback on. My novel is about druids and I needed some way of visualising the magic system and subgroups. Basically there are six types of mana druids can be born with which gives them different abilities. The point of my illustration is to give the reader some clarity in regards to how the magic is built but also to entice them to read on with some pretty visualisation. Also I wanted some sort of visual representation of my world and my druid society. Would love some feedback on this. Do you think it works? Also what do you think of the text for each of the powers. Im sort of happy with them but there is something making me unsure about them. Is it a little cheesy perhaps? I dont know.

Posted it in the gallery not long ago, cant figure out how to put an image in this tread so put the link to the gallery instead.

flower.jpg

Thanks for the help!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Very nice. You will probably want black and white to put in a book. If was to change anything, I would remove the 'Druids who' from each description.

John M

Dreamer
Very nice. You will probably want black and white to put in a book. If was to change anything, I would remove the 'Druids who' from each description.
Thanks for this. I think you are right about the ‘druid who’ bit, will def remove

Gallio

Minstrel
I like the design and the magic plan.
Just a few minor cavils, though: under 'Shifters', should that be 'rules' or 'rulers'?
And you might want to change 'who's' to 'whose'.
(Apologies, I was once bitten under the full moon by a copy-editor.)

John M

Dreamer
I like the design and the magic plan.
Just a few minor cavils, though: under 'Shifters', should that be 'rules' or 'rulers'?
And you might want to change 'who's' to 'whose'.
(Apologies, I was once bitten under the full moon by a copy-editor.)
Thank for spotting it 👍 where can I get bitten myself? I need it haha