• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Just wanted to say that in the few months I've been here, I feel like I've improved a lot as a writer.

This site is also helping me as a teacher! Lately, I've been inspired to complement my grammar lessons with creative writing tasks for my ESL students, and writing my paper for the principal's license was much less intimidating due to the comments that several people PM'd me about my work being interesting. (I may not get the license without having to do a 300-hour professional development, but at least I'm confident that the folks from the education departent won't be bored with what I submit!)

In short, my time here is both fun and educational. (And I really am keeping this post short because students will be here in five minutes!)

Thanks, MS Members!
~John

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Thank you too John! You've been a valuable member here and have inspired me in many cases as well. You've shown me that you can have fun writing and not always worry so much about it being serious business.

The Trigger challenges you've done I'm sure have helped tons of people here. I know just judging one of them was awesome.

And thanks for taking over The Endless Hunt for me. I had a blast working with you on the first Season.

Ok, I'll end my heaps of praise...:D

Telcontar

Staff
Goes to show that letting people exercise their creativity is helpful in all sorts of ways. I had a talk with some students at U of M recently (I live in Ann Arbor) who were complaining about their communications prof. Apparently this guy frowns on any sort of humor or flavor of any kind in their course work. Basically demands that everything they write be dry and boring. It's sad.

Reaver

Staff
:love:

WE LOVE YOU SIDEKICK,

OH YES WE DO!

WE DON'T LOVE ANYONE AS MUCH AS YOU!

WHEN YOU'RE NOT WITH US,

WE'RE BLUE!

OH SIDEKICK, WE LOVE YOU!
:love:

Last edited:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Goes to show that letting people exercise their creativity is helpful in all sorts of ways. I had a talk with some students at U of M recently (I live in Ann Arbor) who were complaining about their communications prof. Apparently this guy frowns on any sort of humor or flavor of any kind in their course work. Basically demands that everything they write be dry and boring. It's sad.
This is the direction education is heading in. Fiction is to be removed from the high school English Language Arts(?) curriculum, mostly if not entirely. Hopefully, this is my misunderstanding or I have been misinformed about the Common Core (U.S. national) standards.

In any case, I plan to send my kids to private school.

Reaver

Staff
Apparently, public displays of affection are frowned upon or even worse, flatly ignored by certain members of Mythic Scribes.

Well, that's the last time I'm doing anything like that.

Who am I kidding? I love all you guys!:D