1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Fonts for Ebook Cover

Discussion in 'Cover Design' started by Black Dragon, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Black Dragon

Black Dragon Staff Administrator

Hey guys,

I'm currently preparing one of my ebooks for publication. Please recommend fonts for the cover.

I'm looking for a font that is easy to read on a thumbnail, but still classy or distinctive. If you can share links to covers that use these fonts, all the better.

Thanks.

2. Chime85

Chime85 Sage

Times New Roman. It's a pretty well established font that's both stylish and clear. It looks great underlined, italicised (?) or in bold.

Also, it doesn't look too shabby in different colours and sizes

x

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  3. The Din

The Din Troubadour

There's thousands out there, though a lot have frustrating copy-write clauses. Try googling free fonts, there are many sites that will let you type in your title to see the exact possibilities.

As an aside, if anyone knows a good font for a bloody scrawl across a stone wall let me know. I'm talking 'smeared on with a severed limb', not 'dripping red paint'.

4. Chime85

Chime85 Sage

I was unable to find much in the way of "smeared blood" font. However, I did find one I hope is close to what you're after Free halloween fonts - FontSpace here. It's the second one down, No Fear.

Hope that helps.

x

The Din likes this.
  5. The Din

The Din Troubadour

Thanks, though that happens to be a good example of the copy-write issues. The font is only free for 'personal use', I imagine if you were to use it on a novel cover (thus make money from it) you'd be ripe for a potential suing.

6. Black Dragon

Black Dragon Staff Administrator

7. Motley

Motley Minstrel