• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Forums for children's books

Joe McM

Minstrel
Hi everyone. I hope it's OK to post this here. After sharing my fantasy novel with my brother-in-law's sister, and telling her about this group, I wonder if you know whether there are similar forums for writers of children's books.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I'm sure there are tons. Kid lit is a dominant genre, putting it mildly. I, personally, don't write kid lit, so it's just not my area. One place to begin searching is here Absolute Write Archives - Absolute Write . They're a very large, general writing forum with lots of subforums by genre. I would also look at social media groups as a way to get involved in really any genre.

Your novel is for older young adult audiences isn’t it? Children’s books are more an entire industry unto their own, often rooted in childhood development and illustration work.

Joe McM

Minstrel
I'm sure there are tons. Kid lit is a dominant genre, putting it mildly. I, personally, don't write kid lit, so it's just not my area. One place to begin searching is here Absolute Write Archives - Absolute Write . They're a very large, general writing forum with lots of subforums by genre. I would also look at social media groups as a way to get involved in really any genre.
Thanks, A.E., I'll let my brother-in-laws sister know. I always want to support new writers, regardless of the genre. Thanks again.