• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Fourth Race of My Universe (Feedback and Opinions Appreciated)

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Mindfire,

I'm glad that you posted. Your ideas make me rethink what I've created, which is great. It's always good to go over your ideas and make sure they stack up.

I do want to point out that the madakari would "eat" a lot of nonmetallic minerals. They may have traces of iron, but they will focus on the rock-like elements more. Also, in case anyone is wondering, when a madakari ingests minerals, he doesn't have to turn them into a coating. he can have them collect on his bones, making his bone mass denser.

The choice would allow for storage of minerals, and give him a different kind of protection/weapon. Imagine getting hit by a guy with an arm two times denser than a humans.

Thanks for your interest!

J. S. Elliot

Inkling
Sorry about such a belated response, Ankari. (My computer is deader than dead, so until I can get a new one this weekend, I again, won't be on. Kinda why I haven't been on in the first place, XD. But, I digress.)

I do like the set-up of this new race, though. The crystal growths and potential for culture around them certainly have a lot of options, though I am curious. While someone suggested using them as means of also getting the opposite sex's attention, I had an additional thought to that idea. Do they have regulations on what sorts of minerals different classes are "allowed" to consume? And following that train of thought, does the gem-esque quality of their growth reflect their rank?

How do their ranks form? Is it based on strength, or is it birth related? What sorts of terrain have they adapted to, since you mentioned it already?

And, a couple of other random thoughts:
How are their racial relations? What of political?
What sorts of things count as a taboo in their society?
Do they have any particular 'rite of adulthood'?
What sort of marriage ceremony do they have?
Are they confined to gender roles? What are they?
How advanced is their society, be it in magical or normal sense?

I have a couple more, but I don't want to give you a complete wall of questions, XD. I look forward to hearing back from you, though. ^^