• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Give me an "R"!

Velka

Sage
"What does the second 'R' stand for?" she asks breathlessly, clutching his latest bestseller to her chest. The ink from his autograph smudges against the expanse of flesh and velvet.

A slow, secret grins spreads across Stephen's face. He takes a sip from his wine glass and pauses dramatically before leaning in and whispering, "Writer. The 'R' is for writer."

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I don't know why, but the first R name that popped into my head was "RRRRRooooby-Rooby-Roo!" But that would make you Stephen R.R.R.R. Tolkienson.

Incanus

Auror
You people are awesome! I knew this would generate some interesting responses. And now I'm all 'thanked' out.

That's quite a little scene, Velka. There's some... uh... heat there. It's funny because I do sometimes grin like that, and I usually have a glass of wine when I write. Too much!!

Legendary's now got me thinking-- 'Raggy! Ruht-roh!' (see, still three R's.)

And hi Bronze! Good to see you again!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Scooby Doo's speech impediment can create some interesting pen names, especially if you adjust the spelling. Raggy Ruht-roh could become "Raggy Retro," which is an awesome name. "Ruby Rack" (Scooby Snack) works, sort of... for certain, not-family-friendly genres?

STEALTH EDIT - A good secret agent name: Double-R Seven? (Pen name = James R.R. Seven?)

Incanus

Auror
Raggy Retro is pretty cool. So now we've got--Stephen "Raggy Retro" Tolkienson.

Ruby Rack sort of fits with Velka's scene. Like maybe the autograph was written with a red highlighter or something... Yikes.