• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings and Salutations

Bansidhe

Minstrel
...And other sorts of blatant redundancy. ;)

I'm in the home stretch of finishing my fantasy novel, and though I've had other things published in the wide, scary world this book is a labor of love I've been dying to excavate from my mind so the voices will finally leave me in peace. My, but these characters are more rambunctious than a kindergarten class hopped up on Red Bull and Red Hots!

And, of course, there are other books I need to write, which leads to other voices...needless to say, it's very busy in my brain, y'all.

Anyhoo, glad to have found this site in the course of my research on medieval winter battles (yes, I'm a history buff, too), because fantasy writers are a rare brand of folk and it can get awfully lonesome writing on your onesy sometimes, without others of your kind to talk to. :D

GeekDavid

Auror
Welcome, Monkey!

I think we all know what it's like having a bunch of competing characters in your brain.

So pull up a chair -- checking it for cats or halflings -- and join in a discussion somewhere!

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here! You're definitely in the right place to find people to talk to. We have chats most days of the week, so don't be alarmed if you're randomly invited. Most of us don't bite. XD

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met writer_monkey [okay so I like blatant redundancy:p]
This is a great place to learn and share.
As other have said, leap on in when you have half a mind.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Hello and welcome to Mythic Scribes.

Best of luck with putting the finishing touches on your novel. I hope we'll get to hear how it goes once you're ready to share the details. :)

Ginger Bee

Scribe
Hi there! Your characters sound well-developed, and it's great when they "push" you into writing their story. Looking forward to hearing more about it!