• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings fellows

Thistlefizz

Acolyte
Introductions are always a bit awkward, but here goes. I come from a theatrical design background. I've spent the last 15 years in the theater, behind the scenes though, not on the stage. I live in New York City, and I am a nerd. I love fantasy and science fiction. I love to read, and am thankful for the invention of the Kindle. It's so much easier to read and carry on the subway (plus I have a tiny apartment that is already full of books, I can't exactly add more).

As I child I read a lot of series: Brian Jacques' Redwall series, Madeleine L'Engle's Wrinkle in Time series, C.S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia series.

As a teenager, young adult, and now adult I still love reading series: Tolkein's Lord of the Rings, G.R.R. Martin Song of Ice and Fire, Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn Trilogy, Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicles.

I enjoy plenty of standalone books as well, but I don't want to turn this into a "what I've read in my life" post. Also, I know at some point I should read Harry Potter. It's on my list.

Anyway, after reading about worlds that other people have created I decided that it's high time I sit down and create one of my own. I've done a bit of writing before, short stories and what have you, plus I have a blog that I've written a lot for, but I've never taken on a project of this magnitude. I was really excited to discover this community and I really look forward to reading all the discussions on the forums. Hopefully I'll be able to get some feedback on my work and learn to identify and correct my weak spots.

So, that's me.

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy it here with the rest of us. I'm new here, too - only been here for a few days but have gotten to see some nice talent floating about the threads here, I'm sure you'll enjoy. I was never much of a reader, and I know that's bad if I want to become a writer, but this forum has opened my eyes quite a bit actually.

Can't wait to see some of your work!

-Codey

TWErvin2

Auror
Thistlefizz,

Glad you joined. Good luck on the novel project. It is a big undertaking but not impossible to complete and successfully find a publisher. Yes, I would imagine on a subway a Kindle would be handy.

Terry

Angharad

Troubadour
Greetings, Thistlefizz! Working in the theatre in New York sounds like an exciting life! Welcome to Mythic Scribes, I think you'll enjoy it here.