• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings from Ireland

Nazata

Acolyte
Hey everyone!
My name is Tom, I'm from rural Ireland, and currently studying in Dublin.
I've always been an avid reader, and I read a wide variety of genres, but fantasy is doubtlessly my favourite. My fascination with fantasy literature was rekindled with 'The Name of the Wind' in January of this year, and aided by an easy semester, I've read a lot of fantasy since.
Last month, I started writing fiction for the first time, and found that I really enjoyed it, and wanted to improve my writing (which in turn, led me here).
I'm really looking forward to meeting people on this forum, learning a lot, and hopefully in time, participating in a worthwhile manner.
-Tom

Russ

Istar
Welcome aboard Tom. I think "Name of the Wind" has been a breakthrough book for modern fantasy and is really changing the landscape in the genre for the better. Great way to get back into the field.

Don't be shy about jumping right in. You don't have to be a grizzled old vet to have great ideas to add, in fact some of the best creativity comes from fresh faces. Hopefully you will find lots here that will edify, entertain and enchant you, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts as well.

Nazata

Acolyte
Thanks for the warm welcome and encouragement guys, I look forward to getting to know you on the forum.

Cheers for the advice Russ, I'll be sure to contribute soon! I wholeheartedly agree with your point on 'The Name of the Wind', it seems to have positively influenced a lot of fantasy works that I've read from the last half decade.

Thanks Stephanie, I'm happy to be a member, it seems like a great forum with a lot of friendly members!

Much obliged, CupofJoe, I'll be sure to do that!

Last edited:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Ahoy,

I'm also living in Ireland, down in Cork like.

I think there was someone else from our these parts as well a while back, but I haven't seen them around lately.

Welcome to MS. I hope you'll like it here.

Nazata

Acolyte
Good to hear, Svrtnsse!
Cool, I'll keep a keen eye for any others around!
Thanks, I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far, there's plenty of great tips and well-written pieces!