• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings from Kent UK

cris2507

Dreamer
Just a quick intro from a newbie member:)
I am looking forward to the site and making new friends - one quick query from a newcomer. Why is that I can post and start new threads on some forums (such as this one) but have no posting access to others (such as self promotion)? Is there a way of activating full forum access?
Chris Scott

Kisara

Acolyte
Hi chris, welcome!

Yes, there is a way - you need to post at least five times. Means, you´re not supposed to simply crush in, seek attention for your own stuff and run away without giving something positive back to the communitiy. So keep calm, venture around and when you´re done, you´ll see you got posting accedd to all forums. ;)

Chilari

Staff
Welcome Chris! Yes, as Kisara said, you need 5 posts before you can access some areas (such as the Showcase) or post in others (like Self Promotion). We prefer for people to stick around and join in rather than just drop a link and run away again.

One great way of increasing your post count would be to tell us more about yourself. I can see from the thread title you are resident of this wonderful sunny nation called Britain (and it actually is sunny where I am as I type this! I think it must be Stafford, because it's never usually like this in Wolverhampton (woo, day in a different office! It's almost like a day off, except I have get to go on the M6! What a treat!). So why not tell us what your favourite fantasy story/character/author/game is or a little about what you're writing or tend to write. And maybe what you're looking for here?

So welcome to the Scriptorium and jump right in.

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Welcome, Chris.

I'd answer your question, but the other ladies have already done so. :)

Get some posts going, and we'll see you around!