1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ccrogers3d, Oct 9, 2012.

1. ccrogers3d

ccrogers3d Scribe

Hi everyone!

I'm a computer geek and a mom. My husband stays at home with our two kids.

I do writing and 3D art (with DAZ Studio), and I combine those hobbies to make comics.

Glad to be here!
    - CC

2. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Myth Weaver

Welcome CC!
    Warm your toes by the fires.
    Glad to have you here.

ccrogers3d likes this.
  3. ccrogers3d

ccrogers3d Scribe

Thanks CupofJoe! Cozy place you've got here. :)

4. Mindfire

Mindfire Istar

Welcome to Mythic Scribes. You'll never look at forums the same way again. :D

5. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Myth Weaver

I will happily admit that this is the nicest and most polite forum I've been on for a long while... as well as being interesting and useful... [I'll stop the shameless plugging now]
    CC - Daz Studio looks good... haven't heard of it before.

6. ccrogers3d

ccrogers3d Scribe

It's hard to say this without sounding rude to other venues, but it's really nice to be someplace where every post is so well-written! I don't think I've ever been on a forum before that had rules about spelling and grammar. :)

7. T.Allen.Smith

T.Allen.Smith Staff Moderator

Wait... We have spelling & grammar rules?!

Welcome to MS. Lots of helpful folks here.

8. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Welcome to the site :D We do encourage people to post complete thoughts in a manner that indicates we're all writers.

9. ccrogers3d

ccrogers3d Scribe

Thanks everyone! I've found a wealth of valuable information here and the people have been very nice.

I just realized I forgot to follow-up on CupofJoe's DAZ Studio comment... I have mixed feelings about recommending it right now. I've been using it for five years and it's fun and has a very active community, which helps when I need to learn how to do something new or when I run into problems I can't solve. However, they recently changed their store and forum engines and things are fairly chaotic at the moment. Also, DAZ Studio 4 has a very different user interface than previous versions and I'm not sure whether I like it or not.

It's still a fun hobby for me, though. I don't do modeling or texturing - I leave that up to pros. I just do posing, lighting and rendering. It's like a high-tech version of paper dolls.

10. stevefrank

stevefrank New Member

Welcome in this forum. I am also new here.

11. Guru Coyote

Guru Coyote Archmage

That's what I used Second Life and OpenSim for back when I was still doing visual arts :) Although I did do my own textures and skins and clothing.

Welcome to MS, CC! This was the first writing related forum I ever actually posted more than a few posts to, and yes, the quality of each post here does stick out when compared to other places. What I find most useful here is the way in which we can all disagree and still talk and discuss things in a friendly way.

12. ccrogers3d

ccrogers3d Scribe

That is wonderful and, sadly, all too rare on the Internet.