• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello, everyone

RK-Summers

Scribe
Hello everyone, nice to meet you. My name is Kate, I'm new to this forum.

I'm an aspiring author from the UK, and my first book, The Albion Pages, is a adult fantasy based on the Scottish legends of Thomas the Rhymer and his adventures.

You can read it here, if you like:

Read books online - The Albion Pages by R K Summers

I'm in the process of editing it, so any feedback you can offer would be wonderful. I've joined this forum so I can get help with any questions I might have regarding the little finer details of my fantasy world.

I hope I make lots of friends here, it looks like a very nice place :)

Hi Kate, and welcome to the Scribes. Trust me, you'll find everything you need here, in the finest fantasy forum on the web;). If you ever have any questions or just want to chat feel free to throw a message at me.

Chilari

Staff
Welcome to the Scriptorium! I like the sound of your book - I'll certainly have a look when I have the time. I'm always very impressed when new forum members have already got something substantial written - especially something they're happy enough with to consider editing, and post online. I've never quite got there yet. I'm sure you'll find everything you need here, and I look forward to seeing your posts in the various threads. Good luck.

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Hello and welcome to the Scribes, Kate. Why, thank you, this IS a nice place, provided you don't lift any carpets or inspect any dank passages.

I'll make a point to check out your work when I've got some free time. If you really want feedback, look nay further. I'm just full of opinions; if I'm not careful, they'll all come spilling out unprompted.

Enjoy your time here, and feel entitled to linger.

Chilari

Staff
Why, thank you, this IS a nice place, provided you don't lift any carpets or inspect any dank passages.

I'll have you know our carpets are properly fitted and all corridors are kept clean and well lit - many of them with energy-saving lightbulbs and using motion detection to save yet more energy. We do not have dank passages, and certainly no secret trap doors underneath the carpets. Or dust or dead bugs. We keep everything immaculately clean. If you do find carpets which it is possible to easily pull up, or any passages which can be called dank, please inform the authorities immediately so we can hide the evidence clean it all up and make it look nice again. (1.25.6) (1.29.4) (2.4.1) (2.8.6) (4.5.5) (5.4.4) (1.6.6) (1.11.1) (1.14.3) (2.1.2) (2.10.1) (3.2.4) (4.3.4) (5.2.1)

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
If you do find carpets which it is possible to easily pull up, or any passages which can be called dank, please inform the authorities immediately so we can hide the evidence clean it all up and make it look nice again. (1.25.6) (1.29.4) (2.4.1) (2.8.6) (4.5.5) (5.4.4) (1.6.6) (1.11.1) (1.14.3) (2.1.2) (2.10.1) (3.2.4) (4.3.4) (5.2.1)

Hm. And if I've already made use of said dank passages and their...latent capabilities of disposal...then I'd be better served not saying anything at all. So let's just forget about it and go on about our bright, sunshiny day!

Reaver

Staff
Hello and Welcome to Mythic Scribes, Kate! You've discovered the absolute greatest place on the net for all things Fantasy & Sci-Fi! I encourage you to post your thoughts on the many great threads we have here and also have some fun with the threads in our "Challenges" Forum. See you around the Scriptorium!:D

Klee Shay

Troubadour
Welcome to the weirdness, Kate. Par for the course, here. Keeping that golf reference in mind, being below par is actually a good thing. :D