• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello Forum

Xarzu

Hello friends.

This is my first post here. So I am just going to say hello and not much more.

I have been writing for years but I am now in the porcess of putting together my first book.

Is there anything like a good template to use in Microsoft Word to format what a publisher would expect for a book?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Howdy Xarzu,

I dont know about word. I think some tools like scrivener will do it, but I suspect you will still have to make manual adjustments depending on the publisher. Course, you can do it by hand in word.

Hello

Is there anything like a good template to use in Microsoft Word to format what a publisher would expect for a book?
I doubt it, since each publisher will have its own specific formatting requirements. Do note that few big publishers these days accept manuscripts not submitted by agents, which means you might want to submit to agents first, in which case you will need to follow their format (and they'll format for the specific publishers).

In general it's not that hard and you don't need anything specific. I think these are a good starting point: Formatting Requirements--how to format your manscript | Critique My Manuscript | Quality critique services for your manuscript, novel, book, or proposal

Xarzu

Howdy Xarzu,

I dont know about word. I think some tools like scrivener will do it, but I suspect you will still have to make manual adjustments depending on the publisher. Course, you can do it by hand in word.
I have seen Scrivener mentioned a few times now and I like what they say about it. So I am going to get it now.