• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello from Australia! Kind of. Sorta.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I dont know about Australia, but I have been to Hawaii. There they have both black sand beaches, and white sand, both on the same island. The black sand is very strange to see. Its almost otherworldly. Course, probably not to the very large turtles that dug their way into it.

Emrick Norr

Minstrel
I dont know about Australia, but I have been to Hawaii. There they have both black sand beaches, and white sand, both on the same island. The black sand is very strange to see. Its almost otherworldly. Course, probably not to the very large turtles that dug their way into it.
I looked up "black sand" and the pictures are amazing. They say you can burn your feet if you walk barefoot on it under the sun. There is also green sand. Again, nature beats my imagination...

pmmg

Myth Weaver
The white beaches there are not actually sand. I believe they are coral that washed up.

If you ask a native, how much of the island is basalt? Answer: all of it.

I looked up "black sand" and the pictures are amazing. They say you can burn your feet if you walk barefoot on it under the sun. There is also green sand. Again, nature beats my imagination...
It's amazing when you see the sun shining off the waves and the contrast to the dark of the beach. One of my favorite scenes.

That's awesome. Hope to go there someday. I'm only in Australia because I have family who live there but would love to visit Hawaii. Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome Baron. I was in Mauritius years ago and they have sand in a whole range of shades of red / pink / purple 'cause those were the rock colours there. It was cool.