• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello from North Carolina

DaveO

Hello to everyone.
I'm a fifty year old newbie. It's difficult to believe that you can find something to be new at after fifty years. Maybe I should reassess being a newbie, I've been writing for forty five years. Newbie is not exactly an accurate term. Let me begin again. Ahem. I'm David and I've finally decided that I want to be more serious about getting my writing out in front of readers. I'm here to hopefully improve my skills and lend support to other writers.
I will be adding comments if I think I have something significant to say, otherwise I will probably be lurking in the dark corners and spying into others lives.

Thanks everyone,
David

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met DaveO
A newbie is chronological, it's a state of mind. At least I think so. I know writers who are in the business for 30+ years [and successful aka making their living by writing], who still consider themselves new writers with lots to learn.
Serious or not... this is a great site for support, information, and encouragement [and procrastination and diversion, if needed].
Lurkers are welcome but feel free to dive in with all feet, hands and other appendages.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Welcome, DaveO. That's where I was a few years ago, more or less the same situation. There really should be a term for us, the Newly Serious.

"Determined" will do, until something better comes along.

Russ

Istar
Hello to everyone.
I'm a fifty year old newbie. It's difficult to believe that you can find something to be new at after fifty years. Maybe I should reassess being a newbie, I've been writing for forty five years. Newbie is not exactly an accurate term. Let me begin again. Ahem. I'm David and I've finally decided that I want to be more serious about getting my writing out in front of readers. I'm here to hopefully improve my skills and lend support to other writers.
I will be adding comments if I think I have something significant to say, otherwise I will probably be lurking in the dark corners and spying into others lives.

Thanks everyone,
David

Hi David:

I just turned 50 and I am discovering new things every day. Glad to have you aboard.

Don't lurk too much. Your voice and ideas have value, and this community loses out if you don't give us some input now and again.

Hope you enjoy your time here and you get as much support and inspiration from this place as I do.

DaveO

Thanks for the greetings everyone. I'll pass out refreshments. As for lurking, I tend to be the kind of person that only adds to a conversation when I have something significant to add. Then again, I've been told to shut up a lot too. Hmm.

David