• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello from the world of the Unicorns

Unicorn-Girl

Acolyte
Hi all!

This is Unicorn-Girl (my civilian name is Susie) reporting for duty, from the lovely land of Exeter. Well, lovely as long as you aren't stuck under the rule of Count de Brant.... ;)

Seriously though, I'm glad I stumbled upon this site today, and looking forward to chatting with everyone, getting to know you all, and swapping stories and ideas. I love fantasy-reading, now attempting to write my first novel, and generally anything connected with fantasy.

Right now my big ambition, outside of worldbuilding/writing, is improving my horseback riding skills. But hey, I've only fallen off 3 times, so I'm doing ok, right?

Enough rambling for now.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Unicorn-Girl [aka Susie]
This is a great place to learn what you need and share what you know and generally procrastinating if that is what you need to do. There are challenges and the like if you want to give them ago.
Learning to ride [western style] is on my To-Do list for the year. I'd be happy not falling off 3 times a lesson.

Noctwa

Hello, this is my first reply that I write. From a shapeshifter here in California it is nice to have found a writing community that I can learn from.

Russ

Istar
Hi all!

This is Unicorn-Girl (my civilian name is Susie) reporting for duty, from the lovely land of Exeter. Well, lovely as long as you aren't stuck under the rule of Count de Brant.... ;)

Seriously though, I'm glad I stumbled upon this site today, and looking forward to chatting with everyone, getting to know you all, and swapping stories and ideas. I love fantasy-reading, now attempting to write my first novel, and generally anything connected with fantasy.

Right now my big ambition, outside of worldbuilding/writing, is improving my horseback riding skills. But hey, I've only fallen off 3 times, so I'm doing ok, right?

Enough rambling for now.

If you have fallen off and can still post, all is well.

Welcome aboard Susie, hope you find lots of good material and conversations here. Don't be shy about diving right in.

Hey Unicorn-Girl, greetings and salutations. Welcome to the party. Lucky for you, riding and horse and writing a story are similar.

Keep your feet in the stirrups, grab on to the reins, and hold on for the ride. You are going to get thrown more times than you can count, but use each instance as a chance to learn from your mistake. With practice and effort, you can become great at both!