• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello, one and all! I'm Sydnie~

Sydnie

Dreamer
I figure it's good etiquette to at least post an intro before I start posting elsewhere. I've never been very good at introductions, though. I can never figure out how much I should mention so I always end up saying what's probably way too much. But y'know what? I've come to terms with that! If I'm gonna say too much, I might as well commit~

I've been writing, especially with a fantasy bent, since childhood, although it wasn't until I finished college that I decided to pursue it earnestly. Thanks to the tireless support of my wonderful parents, I've been able to spend the mumblemumble years since graduation trying to make it as a published author. And I am published!...technically. I've self-published twenty-some eBooks, including sixteen short stories, three short story compilations, and six novels, to smashing commercial failure. I pin the blame squarely on the fact that my entire marketing strategy was "post about it on Facebook a few times"! (By the way, if you're wondering, I'm not planning to talk anymore about my old published work. It has my current legal name attached to it, and I kind of want to distance myself from that, for various reasons.)

After some personal life events at the start of 2021, I fell into a bit of a pit, and didn't do any new writing for awhile. But I came back to it near the end of the year, because it's just not something I can give up on. This time, the book I'm writing has a lot of personal importance, so I want to put in a greater effort to make sure it succeeds. And I think one important step in that is going to be communicating with other writers.

That's how I ended up here! My mom told me about this forum years ago, but I never got around to looking into it until now. I hope we can all get along, and that I can leech off everyone else's wisdom to fuel my writing career~

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met Sydnie
Good to have you here
This is a great place to learn and share as well as procrastinate ;)