• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello, world

RedAndy

Dreamer
Hi all,

I'm Andy; I've lurked on these forums for a bit before deciding to take the plunge and join. You all seem like a reasonable bunch!

It's good to have a community of like-minded writers online. Like a lot of you, I'm still getting started - my first foray into fantasy writing was through NaNoWriMo, which I gather a few of you are familiar with. I've done it twice and have (hopefully) polished the first one to the point where I've even sounded out a couple of agents about it, though I've not heard anything positive yet. The second one is still very much a work in progress!

I'm a big fan of science and history, which might creep through a bit in my writing. I also love to travel (I'd like to moonlight as a travel writer too someday, but that's for a different forum I suppose), and enjoy spending time in the great outdoors. I'm fortunate to live where I do, only a short distance from some of the prettiest landscapes in England.

So, that's a little bit about me. Hope I've not rambled too much. Look forward to joining you on the boards!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello Andy
We might not have anything on the scale of the Grand Canyon, Amazon Rainforest or the Himalayas but Britain can be truly stunning sometimes...
Good to have you here.

Last edited: