• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello!

akelley43

Dreamer
Hi everyone.

I am a new writer, and, well, not really new I guess. I'm 58 years old and just wrote my first 'real' fantasy novel. I am a big lover of Dragon stories so of course my book is about Dragons, with lots of other fantasy stuff thrown in. My first reading of a Dragon story was The Dragon Riders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey. It was many years ago, but I've been in love with Dragons every since. So I thought I'd try my hand at a fantasy story of my own. Not sure it will ever sell, but I had fun writing it and I'm gonna give it a shot.
I've also written lots of poetry and even some erotica. Nothing has been published so my current book will be the first. My Dragons are good, not bad or evil. Well, maybe one is, but he is probably redeemable.
Anyway, I work in a library and live in Florida. I just got on the Forum today so will enjoy perusing through it and gleaning whatever pearls of wisdom I can!

Saigonnus

Auror
Welcome to the scribes! I am certain you will find this a wondrous place for anything you could want or need regarding the marketing and publishing of you new gem. It could also give you the inspiration to continue the saga in fine style. Feel free to jump into the forums and give your wisdom or discover things that perhaps you may not be familiar with.

Last edited:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met akelley43
Fun when writing is a good place to start.
This is a great place to learn and share.

JRFLynn

Sage
Hello akelly43, I love Anne McCaffrey! Gratz on finishing your novel and welcome to the scribes, if you like fire-breathing, flying lizards than you're certainly in the right place!

akelley43

Dreamer
Hello akelly43, I love Anne McCaffrey! Gratz on finishing your novel and welcome to the scribes, if you like fire-breathing, flying lizards than you're certainly in the right place!

Thanks for the welcome! I am in the process of editing the first proof and am learning a lot. I'm also looking to find some Dragon cover art so that's becoming an experience, too.

akelley43

Dreamer
Hail and well met akelley43
Fun when writing is a good place to start.
This is a great place to learn and share.

Thank you, I am appreciating all the helpful comments. I do have fun writing, I just hope others will like my book!