• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello!

Phaedra

Acolyte
Hello all. I've been lurking for a while and finally jumped in to get my feet wet. I've not had a great experience with forums in the past, but this seems to be a nice place. Especially for writing advice. :D

And most importantly, the post today on Creative ADD, which I often suffer from. Recently, after having my daughter diagnosed with ADHD, I asked him if there was a medication for writing ADD. He laughed and patted me on the head. :eek:

Me – I write in as many genres as the stories take me (this is where the ADD comes in). I'm a mom, a reader and a graphic artist. I have a southern shy streak, so if I still lurk for a while, it's just me being timid.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Phaedra! Glad you decided to join us. :) Feel free to browse around and post as you please, and check out the Showcase and other "restricted" boards when you have more than 5 posts.

J. S. Elliot

Inkling
Good afternoon, Phaedra. ^^

You're certainly not the first lurker, and I did it myself for about a month before joining. (And I understand completely about the "writer's ADD/ADHD". It seems to plague me. >_>) What sorts of ideas are you currently juggling, though? Genre, etc, whatever comes to mind. Do you have a favorite?

Welcome to MS, and have a good stay.

Chilari

Staff
Welcome Phaedra! Glad you found Phil's article useful (I did too, he's a wonder that Phil).

Hello Phaedra. Is that your real name or are you paying homage to your favorite character from the Kushiel Series by Jacqueline Carey?

Or perhaps the mythical wife of Theseus who, because of her step son Hippolytus' refusal to worship Aphrodite, had a spell cast upon her by said goddess to fall in love with him, was rejected, told her husband Hipploytus raped her, them committed suicide when Hippolytus died under circumstances which change with each version? That Phaedra?

The Greeks did love their tragedies full of vengeful gods and goddesses, sex and violence.

Phaedra

Acolyte
Thank you! LOL. "restricted" boards makes me think of the Restricted Section in Hogwarts. XD

Phaedra

Acolyte
Welcome Phaedra! Glad you found Phil's article useful (I did too, he's a wonder that Phil).

Or perhaps the mythical wife of Theseus who, because of her step son Hippolytus' refusal to worship Aphrodite, had a spell cast upon her by said goddess to fall in love with him, was rejected, told her husband Hipploytus raped her, them committed suicide when Hippolytus died under circumstances which change with each version? That Phaedra?

The Greeks did love their tragedies full of vengeful gods and goddesses, sex and violence.

Points...you nailed it. My dad was a huge lover of Greek Mythology. I have just about everything I know exists with that name on it, from the Tangerine Dream CD to the book Phaedra. Except a mug from Six Flags. It's not really a standard name you'll find in the gift shop. LOL.

And yes, the Greeks do love their tragedies.

Phaedra

Acolyte
Good afternoon, Phaedra. ^^

You're certainly not the first lurker, and I did it myself for about a month before joining. (And I understand completely about the "writer's ADD/ADHD". It seems to plague me. >_>) What sorts of ideas are you currently juggling, though? Genre, etc, whatever comes to mind. Do you have a favorite?

Welcome to MS, and have a good stay.

Thanks again! What sorts am I juggling? ATM it's Urban Fantasy, Romance and Fantasy. But those are just the ones that are on the top of that list as mentioned in the article. Favorite? No. I love them all as long as there is a good story in there. :)

Phaedra

Acolyte
I tried to post about the Kushiel series, but it didn't show up. I haven't read those, but I have heard the name of the series before. I've just added them to my reading list!

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Wow, Phaedra, I'm super elated that you joined the boards partially because of my article! :D

Welcome and I hope you find a lot of inspiration here that can keep you motivated. I know I have!