• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hey, new writer, this is the biggest thing you're doing wrong

If you don't want to write primarily to entertain, that's your call. Just means that this is not the thread you're looking for.

I still think that it is important to point out that there are varying opinions. You said that the number one point of writing fiction is to entertain, and I disagree with that. There are a variety of thoughts on the purpose of writing and I feel like it is fair to point that out.

It would seem, however, that I tried to take this thread in a direction different from its purpose in my haste to add my own opinion. In fact, the primary purpose of writing could be its own thread. I apologize for hijacking it.

Last edited:

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
I still think that it is important to point out that there are varying opinions. You said that the number one point of writing fiction is to entertain, and I disagree with that. There are a variety of thoughts on the purpose of writing and I feel like it is fair to point that out.

It would seem, however, that I tried to take this thread in a direction different from its purpose in my haste to add my own opinion. In fact, the primary purpose of writing could be its own thread. I apologize for hijacking it.

Deilaitha,

I think we're in agreement.

The statement was made solely to focus the conversation on a particular topic. so we wouldn't chase quite so many rabbits. However, that conversation seems to have run its course. Since that is the case, I'm fine with discussing your issue :).