• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

HIJACKED by Ganondorf - magic vs. technology

Midna

Acolyte
MuUzQ43.jpg

AHH! At last you have come, Princess.

You may guide these wretches to through their deaths!

For it is by coming here that you give cause for true power to arise! For I now take from you what I have sought, the item I need to free the final piece of my soul.

The Triforce of Wisdom is MINE!

3c4fUlN.jpg

So, you're...Ganondorf. I've been dying to meet you!

Ganondorf

Dreamer
MuUzQ43.jpg

Yes!

Feed me your life energies! For even as as great as you see my strength now, my true power still rises! I will become the most fearsome creature in my world!

When this thread reaches 75 posts, my true power will awaken!

And for those of you who believe you may wish to assist the dearest princess, let me show you a window into your fate.

And for those of you felines who refuse reason?

Death.

MQ41pJd.jpg

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Everyone, I am trying to Infraction Ganondorf over and over again, but it's not working no matter how hard I try! It seems that this Great King of Evil is indeed protected by Magic of some kind.

What a terrible danger we have found ourselves in today...

It's a good thing that this brave Princess has followed Ganondorf, I am sure that she will find a way to thwart his dark intentions towards Mythic Scribes.

Zelda, please save us from eternal darkness!

Midna

Acolyte
I shall thwart your schemes of darkness once again, Ganondorf! I could never allow you to cause harm to the innocent people of Mythic Scribes. I really, really wanted another pet dragon, but I chose the Internet access in the castle so I could follow you all the way to this community.

Get ready for some of my powerful Magic!

You just took a fake Triforce of Wisdom, Ganondorf. Do you think I would be stupid enough to let you take the real one? You'll have to do better than that if you want to defeat me in battle.

No matter what, a fake is a fake, and no matter how much you try to dress it up, the real thing always wins!

I now invoke the high powers of Din, Nayru and Farore, to assist me in this dangerous quest... for the Magic of Hyrule is necessary to defend the innocents from the Great King of Evil!

smash_bros_zelda-3.jpg

Din's Fire!

1008208_570063909735014_1852165639_o.jpg

Midna

Acolyte
I now invoke the high powers of Din, Nayru and Farore, to assist me in this dangerous quest... for the Magic of Hyrule is necessary to defend the innocents from the Great King of Evil!

Please... Please tell me... How do we break... The curse on this one?

Philster401

Maester
But really no one answered this thread until ganondorf showed up and took over my thread, so please continue. Your war but at least comment on my questions.

1) Do you think magic that all could use would slow down even halt technological advancement? No, because some Technology is necessary too.

2)Magic vs technology who would win? Magic prevails, by attacking and destroying the pillars of a technological world.

3) Can magic advanced society and technology advanced society work together well? That's the best team!

3.5) If yes what are problems each would have with each other? They would compete healthily.

4) If you found out one day that magic was real and there was a whole society from a different world who sent representatives to earth to give a warning of an impending war from a society who had advanced in technology and magic equally and an alliance between earth and the representatives home world waa the only way to survive. I am not from Earth so I don't know how to answer this one, but that would be a world-changing event.

5) Am I making this to complicated? I think so.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Questions
1) Do you think magic that all could use would slow down even halt technological advancement
I think it would slow it down, but not halt it. People are curious and inventive, but also lazy. They'll keep tinkering with things and coming up with new ways of making things easier or more efficient, whether through magical means, purely techical means, or through a mix of the two.

2)Magic vs technology who would win? let me expand say modern or maybe ten years into the future technology compared to earth. While the magical society has less people but is very adept with elemental magics.
It all depends on the nature of the conflict and the length either side is prepared to go to in order to win. It also depends on the nature of the magic. How powerful is it and what can be achieved with it. It's a very open question.

3) Can magic advanced society and technology advanced society work together well?
3.5) If yes what are problems each would have with each other?

Yes. I think so, but again, it depends on the nature of magic and how it relates to technology. If the magic affects technology in the same way it does in for example the Dresden Files, then the two societies might have issues coexisting normally.

Also...
I'm badly drawn Link!
Ganondorf! You're in for it now!
2465630-link_wolf_the_legend_of_zelda_artwork_the_legend_of_zelda_twilight_princess_1920x1080_wallpaper_wallpaper_1920x1200_www.wallpaperhi.com.jpg

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
For the Demon King I will answer your questions, for my answer will help to fuel his true power.

1) Magic would only accelerate technological advancement. If nothing else, it is another tool for learning, experimentation and study.

2) The one with the bigger tools would win. Can the elemental magics create golems to match a tank or launch a fireball from thousands of feet in the air? If the magic can escalate to match the tools of warfare, then it would win.

3) If the two have overlapping functions, you would have to resolve them somehow.

4) If I found such a thing out, I would be very confused.

5) No. Complexity is the mark of an organized mind. Or insanity. Or in my case both.

HAIL THE DEMON KING! :mad:

Ganondorf

Dreamer
mzcfGkW.jpg

Princess . . . *hackle* . . . . I am unimpressed.

It will take more than your mere pittance of power to defeat me. But watch as I grow ever stronger! DEATH WILL SURROUND YOU SOON! Feed me ever more of your life forces! And watch as my legion of minions begins to emerge!

COME FILTHY SCRIBES! Come and join your dark fates.

For in another fifteen posts, your cowering will end with your lives.