• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hobs n' Dogs

Ned Marcus

Maester
Hobs n' Dogs, has just been published by Illustrated Worlds Magazine.

It's a short story I wrote about an old man, whose garden is like a nature reserve in a desert of carefully manicured lawns.

One day, he's visited by two hobs (a special type of sprite concerned with taking care of the environment). They entrust him with the care of some very unusual creatures.

It's available at Illustrated Worlds Magazine.

Ned Marcus

Maester
More new news on this story. Hobs n' Dogs has just been published in Galician by Nova Fantasia.

For people who've not heard of Galician, it's the language of Galicia, the north-western region of Spain. A green and mostly rural area, which fits the story's theme.

It’s my first publication in a foreign language, and interesting—almost surreal—to read the story in a language I don’t know, but feel like I know, because I know the story so well, and can read some Spanish, and a little Portuguese. Galician is related to both, but closer to Portuguese.

They translated Hobs n' Dogs as Trasnos e Cans (Goblins and Dogs in English). I wondered how they'd translate hobs, which is very regional in English.

Here's the link. It's free for everyone to read, if you read Galician or Portuguese: Trasnos e Cans.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
More new news on this story. Hobs n' Dogs has just been published in Galician by Nova Fantasia.

For people who've not heard of Galician, it's the language of Galicia, the north-western region of Spain. A green and mostly rural area, which fits the story's theme.

It’s my first publication in a foreign language, and interesting—almost surreal—to read the story in a language I don’t know, but feel like I know, because I know the story so well, and can read some Spanish, and a little Portuguese. Galician is related to both, but closer to Portuguese.

They translated Hobs n' Dogs as Trasnos e Cans (Goblins and Dogs in English). I wondered how they'd translate hobs, which is very regional in English.

Here's the link. It's free for everyone to read, if you read Galician or Portuguese: Trasnos e Cans.
That must be trippy.