• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How good is my conflict idea?

Hey, Guys! I wanna ask you how good is the idea for my conflict. By the way, Mara and Raymond are my protagonists.

1. External world conflict

The enmity between vampires and werewolves. This enmity is strengthened by the slavery of the vampires. They enslaved many werewolves.

2. External personal conflict

Mara and Raymond have to survive in a world full of crazy monsters.

3. Internal personal conflict

The different opinions of the main characters can create conflict. Mara has a racial opinion towards werewolves. – At least, because they’re natural enemies! However, she hates the arrogance of some vampires (e.g. the noble ones) more than the werewolves. Raymond – a warlock – is paranoid in who he trusts. At least, because he worked for a company, which makes animal testing with vampires, werewolves and other creatures. Of course, this program is top-secret!

As someone who is a bit tired of vampire and werewolf stories, especially ones when the two species conflict I would look for more forms of conflict. External conflicts are a must so work on expanding what you have and make sure it's a conflict that affects your main characters. But look more towards internal conflict. Including setting as well as plot and character.

Just sit quietly and brain storm.