• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How Is Your World Like?

Gurkhal

Auror
To be honest I haven't watch the TV series. When I wrote "Game of Thrones" I made a reference to "A Song of Ice and Fire", which is the book series. Just to be clear and I realize I probably expressed myself badly.

Anyway. while I agree that Asoiaf/GoT vers a bit too much into the darkness I enjoyed the books a great deal and found the characters while not very likeable in all cases they were very relatable in even more cases.

So I think this is one of the strengths of the books series at least. You can easily relate to the characters in their thougths, desires and motivations even if they don't hold a morale standing that inspires you.
 
I just have the one world. It was originally supposed to be a more typical beautiful fantasy setting, full of wonder and found-family-type quests, but it seems to have developed a mind of its own.

Most of its problems and plots now seem to revolve around glitches or loopholes in my own rigid magic system. Also, everyone drinks, fights, and betrays each other all the time.
 
Top