• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Humour me, can anyone explain different avenues of publishing to me?

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
You never know. It's a crap shoot I'd be more willing to roll the dice on if I was 30 again, heh heh.

Good luck! May the Fates smile upon your words.

The thing about agents - and I'm so aware of this going into my third relationship - is that they (quite legitimately) spend most of their time pushing the clients that they KNOW will make them money.

I have no issue with that (despite being burned in the past). Maybe this time they'll push me?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I suspect the agent will put some energy into your book up front, send it to everyone they know. But, if it does not pick up, you will start to drift to their back burner. Few will keep at it over and over till they find a home for your work. They'd have to really believe, or get paid well, to do that.

I suspect the agent will put some energy into your book up front, send it to everyone they know. But, if it does not pick up, you will start to drift to their back burner. Few will keep at it over and over till they find a home for your work. They'd have to really believe, or get paid well, to do that.
She's a proper agent so she doesn't get paid unless the book sells.

I think the difference this time is that she's taken on an unpublished work that she likes and challenged me to make the ending work better (which I've now done).

My previous two agents took me on for future works after I'd already got books published through my own efforts. Both were hopeless.

This new one clearly believes and is quite passionate. But as DDN says - it is a crap shoot, but I finally think the dice are a little loaded in my favour.