• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I still can't think of a name for my book.

Wings of Wolf

It is about A kingdom called Otoxeio (Pronounced Oh-tox-ey-oh) full of winged wolves. There are three groups of wolves, the Haikio (Hi-ky-oh), the Terrats, and the Caterlines (Kater-lines). Most believe the three groups make life, and if one group is completely destroyed, there would be a world apocalypse. Right before the first book, the Shadow, an evil darkness, takes over the kingdom, and the wolves have to retreat. One prophecy states that a very special pup would take on the darkness and restore the kingdom.

Meanwhile, a little boy is playing outside. He falls through some tall grass and finds a pup, a baby winged wolf. He touches it and there is a flash of light. I don't want to give any more spoilers ;).

Anyways, I still can't think of a name for the book. Any suggestions?

Dark Squiggle

Troubadour
Xolf (Dragon, ABCDE, Eragon; Wolf, TUVWX, Xolf :) )
Noonshadow? Shadows disappear at noon.
Is there a particular defining or inspirational moment, character, or place that you could give a name?

Last edited:

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
When I'm looking for titles, one thing I do is to look in the text. Sometimes I'll find a phrase, sometimes it's just a word, sometimes it's as nebulous as an idea or a feeling. Doesn't always work, but it's usually worth doing.

I also start a list of titles. I treat it as freewriting--anything and everything can go in, even the stinkers. It's a kind of brainstorming.

But titles are tough; no getting around it.

Hi,

Well I've already written "The Wolves of War" - so don't use that! But how about "The Wolves of Light"?

Cheers, Greg.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
You title will usually emerge from the themes and repeated imagery that you find yourself using as you write. From your description, two popped out at me.

On Wings of Light
Of Feathers and Fur

Good luck!