• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I'm a new writer of fantastic fiction!

Trueblue4U

Hi everyone,

I'm a very excitable, caring and considerate individual that loves to write fantastic fiction (my first book, for example - out on kindle and available on Amazon - is about a bullied Russian dwarf that runs away from home to train with a Chinese kung-fu master).

Once, long ago, I was a senior editor at a major publishing house, and I bought celebrity and entertainment books, but that grew tiresome. I wasn't happy. So I left. Now I'm a 6th grade public middle school teacher and I truly love my job. But I'm still unsatisfied…I want to be a great and renowned author, as we all do, I guess…

Going on social media to do publicity, marketing, and make new friends in my writing community has always been hard for me, because although I'm really gregarious in life, I'm also very private. However, I promise to join in the site and edit works and be one of the crew.

I'm married and just had a beautiful baby. I'm moving to Riverdale in a few months, and I really hope I can find a great new community here.

Best,
Josh
Trueblue4u

Last edited by a moderator:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Trueblue4u [aka Josh]
Good to have you here.
Hope you find Mythic Scribes as supportive and helpful as I do.

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
Hi Josh, Welcome!

I teach grade 6 as well (Well, grade 7 now… but I taught grade 6/7 for ten years). I'm a stay at home mom now though until I go back in September part time. I have two little ones, one with quite severe special needs.

Welcome to the crew!

You will find a pretty diverse group here… lots of High Fantasy, low fantasy, science fantasy, Urban fantasy, fairy stories and everything in-between. I myself like to dapple in the Magical Realism weird… think Gabriel Garcia Marquez or Pan's Lybrinth type stuff…

See you on the boards.

Last edited by a moderator: