• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Inspiring Music.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Last edited:

Telcontar

Staff
Can't wait to take a look at Radio Rivendell.

Also, for people who enjoy celtic type music, there is a beautiful rendition of The Misty Mountains of Home by the Rankin Family, sung in irish gaelic. Find it here.

Jess A

Archmage
Can't wait to take a look at Radio Rivendell.

Also, for people who enjoy celtic type music, there is a beautiful rendition of The Misty Mountains of Home by the Rankin Family, sung in irish gaelic. Find it here.

That is a beautiful song. I vaguely recognise it - I have so much Celtic stuff that I couldn't tell you where 90% of it came from :/

'Siuil a Ruin' (sorry, the fadas don't work on my keyboard for some reason) is also a nice song in Irish Gaelic (the chorus is, anyway. The rest is in English). It's the only foreign song I can sing - not that my voice is very good ;)

'Siuil a Ruin'

There is also a nice version by The Reel. It has a little more Gaeilge in it than the previous one. Just one more line.

SeverinR

Vala
I don't normally listen to music when I write.
But music did inspire one story, more precisely the instrument did.
I needed a period instrument, just something that made music for a plot twist.
the Gemshorn was my choice.
I happened to find a site that had gemshorn music, and I loved it. It inspired me to be more descriptive in the music.
Although I did have to find a louder instrument though, a gemshorn being played in a battle field would not be heard by anyone. (She is a bard)

soulless

Troubadour
I would mostly listen to instrumental music while writing, as songs with lyrics I often find myself singing along to and then not concentrating so well on the actual work