• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Just stuff we are watching

It matches well.

Ep. 3 deviated from the game by expanding on something that was only hinted at within the game, but did so in a masterful way. RPG games often leave hints about the larger world and characters within it via found items like newspaper clippings, letters, files, and so forth. Translation from game format to cinematic format required alteration of how this info was delivered.

Similarly, games like this utilize time-killing side quests or extended quests, and doing this within the show would have hurt the pacing. So they removed that in this episode while simultaneously building up a relationship only hinted at within the game and showing another part of that post-apocalyptic world. They did this without diverging from the themes and larger plot of the game.

A lot of the negativity online, which by the way is only a small percentage of viewers, arises for another reason I'd bet.

NJMitchel

Acolyte
Heheh...I've seen good things about the new House of Dragon, but I am gonna pass on the others you mentioned. I read the book for Game of Thrones, not seen the series. I am not sure if I ever will. Maybe when I am done with my own tale. Never heard of Skam. I will look for it.
I didn't like House of Dragons. I felt like it was an outline for a story rather then a complete cohesive story. There were good things about it but I was overall disappointed.

Reactions: rhd

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I dont know if ill get to house of dragons either. I am beginning to wonder why i have netflix. At my house, weve been watching old columbos.

Maggots have been used to treat wounds (and I think they sometimes still are). They only eat dead (and diseased) tissue and in doing so also remove bacteria from the wound, leaving behind healthy flesh. It's actually a real therapy (in certain instances at least).
They do! My dad told me a story of a lady (he is a doctor) that he had treated who had her legs amputated and was in a wheelchair. He told me she did not have any feeling in the lower half of her body but knew something was wrong so she called him. He did a house visit and checked her out… and unfortunately she had a ton of maggots that were cleaning out a wound that she had but she had no idea about and it was actually keeping it from being infected! He said it was very hard to see but the maggots were doing their job!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
I wanted to clear some space on the TiVo so I have been watching shows I was saving for "later".
About half way through Foyle's War. Very understated but [for me] very well acted and written.
Once I'm done with Foyle, there is Veronica Mars to view!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Weve been watching old school columbo, and murder she wrote. Having never seen MSW, i was surprised at bad it is. It has like 12 seasons.

John wick 4 is out. Gonna see it for sure. Only questions is see it alone or drag some one along.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Vikings Valhalla is on Netflix, but Vikings.... Been waiting quite a while for that one.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I did see John Wick 4. I bet this one gets up there with Top Gun for money made.

If you like the series so far, this will not disappoint. I'd have preferred a different ending, but the ending could be ambiguous.

I give it two thumbs up.

Update on Vikings Valhalla - better than GoT, not just because it’s based on real events, but because it’s just better.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
My TiVo has just vacuumed up an episode of Law & Order I haven't seen [and there are not many of them].
Lenny Briscoe is at his slightly grumpy finest.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Just saw the mario movie. If you grew up with those games or have small kids, its a winner. Its like one giant easter egg of old stuff.

Get ready to suck it disney. Theres a better company to take the kids to.

Onto Vikings Valhalla season II, but also found that we can watch Vikings on Prime and there’s like six seasons of it! Well I know what we will be watching for the next year! PS. I now want to be a Viking