• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Kaboom! Happy new year 2018 Everyone =)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
So yeah, tonight all my street has been listening to some of these beauties:

full

Happy 2018 Mythic Scribes! =)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello everyone!

It's 2 degrees Fahrenheit here so no one is celebrating outdoors, but happy new year!

That's pretty cold, Tom!

It's around the freezing point here in Pachuca right now, cold enough to make your hands and nose hurt after a few minutes outside even without wind. At this hour I am already warm and cozy in my room, but some very drunk people out there are starting to detonate some of the most powerful firecrackers available.

I have some of the heavy weights too, but I do not dare to detonate them in my residential street out of fear of causing several windows to get shattered by the shockwaves.

They look home made... In my country a haul like that could get you arrested as a terrorist.... Go Figure.
Happy New Year.
No heads too sore I hope.

Hello Joe!

Indeed, they all are home made or at least made in quite small and family-owned workshops. Here in Mexico, most pyrotechnic works are produced in that very traditional way. I know that all types of firecrackers are very restricted or even forbidden in many countries, but luckily for me the situation is very different where I live.

I get all of my powerful firecrackers from a street vendor in my neighborhood, just as easy and open as purchasing apples and carrots at the grocery shop!

They are really cheap, as well.

Some safety tips for detonating serious firecrackers:

1- Do not hold the damn thing in your hand! Put the firecracker on the ground in a stable position.

2- Use a precision torch to ignite the fuse, careful to hit the very tip only.

3- Run like freaking hell out of that place!

4- Cover your ears, since hearing damage is not nice.

5- Have fun =)

Tom

Istar
Fireworks are heavily restricted in my home state, but most of us just pop over the border to Pennsylvania and bring some back. The big ones are technically illegal, but only in theory. I heard a couple of 'em go off in the valley over in the dead of night last night.