• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Kill this Thread

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Count Von Count vs. Blade

COUNT: That's One... one punch in the nose.

BLADE: Ow.

COUNT: Two! Two punches. Three, four...

BLADE: Oof, ung, aww!

(47 seconds later...)

COUNT: Ninety-nine punches, and that's ONE ninety-nine hit combo! Aah, aah, aaaah...!

MR. ROGERS: Finish him, neighbor.

COUNT: Let's see. I need ONE down-tap on the control stick. TWO, two down-taps. Tap down again, that's THREE... so one, two, three, HIGH KICK!

GIANT COOKIE MONSTER: Mmm! Me think sword-wielding vampire taste like cookie! Only one way to find out, ha, ha, ha... UMM, NUMM, NUMM, NUMM, NUMM!

MR. ROGERS: Fatality. Can you say that? Fa - tal - i - ty.

Last edited:

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I just changed my facebook status to:

My underwear is white with silver jolly rogers. I was feeling piratey tonight.

I like vampires. For that I think Underworld is about as good as I've seen. I like Van Helsing too, but it's a bit sillier. I just watched From Dusk 'til Dawn and Dracula 2000, I'm on a vampire kick... oh and I love pirates. I might talk like a pirate all day tomorrow.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I'm not sure what monster movies can be fun without the silhouettes of a guy and two robots.

Sunday night, my brother ordered a drink called the Hobgoblin. I couldn't get the Hobgoblins song out of my head.

PS- This thread is a dream come true. I can post useless and/or trivial crap, and it's on topic no matter what!

Example: When I say "and/or" I think of these guys:
images
images
sf3-3hugo-14.png

NOTE: Giant Andore and/or Tiny Poison is non-canon.

And it's probably pronounced like "Andre" with an extra syllable so the name works with the Japanese phonetic character sets. (I'm not sure that "alphabet" is the correct term for the hiragana and katakana sets.)

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
They call it kana (katakana and hiragana). Wow, Final Fight is a blast from the past. How come every beat up game had a guy like that? Andore and Abobo (from Double Dragon.) There is a funny flash game called Abobo's Adventure or something that is like Double Dragon but you beat up characters from all these different video games. It was pretty hilarious.

(P.S. Yes, I created this thread to post useless stuff and just to see who could kill it by posting the most useless thing that no one else is interested in commenting on. But the goal is to prevent one person from winning by posting as much as possible. So theoretically, this thread could go on forever. And it's a challenge because you can post stories, news, whatever you want.)

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
images

I loved the NES version of Abobo, even though the better home game was Abobo-less Double Dragon II since the first DD for the NES was single player.

And you still had to fight Jimmy for the girl.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Well, I saw the last post was by Legendary Sidekick (yesterday) but I'm in Japan so I'm confused if he killed the thread of not. If so, one point goes to Sidekick. If not, then no points are awarded.

Abobo is my hero.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Well, I saw the last post was by Legendary Sidekick (yesterday) but I'm in Japan so I'm confused if he killed the thread of not. If so, one point goes to Sidekick. If not, then no points are awarded.

Abobo is my hero.
If I knew what I was gonna spend it on, I'd keep my mouth shut and take the point. But since I can never decide whether to spend my point on attack power or health, I'll confess that it hasn't been 24 hours without a post.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Darn. My huntress in Dungeon Defenders has a 2-to-1 ratio. And I never have to heal... I should've known I was wasting points!

I blame Monster Hunter. In that game, I need max defense, max health, and three teammates with good attack power. Now all my RPG characters are on a health kick.

Ravana

Istar
Dead.
Thread.
Head.
Tread.
Read.
Red.
Bred.
Bread.
Bled.
Led.
Lead.

-

[Note the obvious absence on the list. Which might explain why I'm doing this right now.… :p ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Fred? Fred's always keeping me up late with his incessant screaming. I heard he killed his first vampire the other night. His parents must be proud.

Holdwyne

Dreamer
So, how many words can one reasonably get into a single sentence?( the one below is around 70 give or take)

This ones a bit Wordy i would say but still, it did make sense within its context ( life's curve-ball's)

Beyond the basic requirements of food, clothing and shelter that all of us require and may find elusive once that pitch has been put into play, the emotional and mental support we need at times like this, while varying from person to person in the scope required, is none the less critical to ones ability to pick up the peices, make a new plan and implement that plan with a positive outlook.

Anybody else have a Gem of similar stature to share..perhaps one even More grandiose.. :)

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Anybody else have a Gem of similar stature to share..perhaps one even More grandiose.. :)

If I were to consider a grandiose response to your proposed sentence challenge, without having the desire or the self-discipline to flip through the old books of yesteryear and to examine the archaic sentence structures of writers now only read by the force of reputation instead of the prospect of enjoyment, I would find myself compelled to find a sentence construct that was poignant, that would fit smoothly and directly into the flow of conversation and create the sense of ironic amusement in those who read through the wordly jumble and deciphered the mock cleverness of its author, so that it would serve to hijack the attention of other conversational topics and present me the opportunity to attempt to bring this thread to its inevitable killing with a future response by me of "Thanks!"

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Who is The Dragon, or What?

I'm finding out the gender of The Dragon today! I've already picked out names from the family tree.

Following the pattern set by The Dragon's older sisters, s/he must be named after a great, great, great, great grandparent.

The tricky part, I thought, would be naming a boy after anyone on the Irish side. Almost everyone is John or Michael or Daniel. (My first, middle and Confirmation names, respectively.) I found one very rare name that far back, and it turned out I have a lot of information on the guy.

His name is Malachi. A great name for a dragon! Should I have a son who will share that name, his Chinese name will include the dragon character:

images

If it's a girl, I've got a few choices (none of which are Joan, Michelle or Danielle). I let name meanings do the tie-breaking for me. I've always been partial to the name Hannah for some reason.

Hannah Heavenscent, the valkyrie baker

No matter the gender, one thing is certain: all of my children will have names with two A's in them. That sort of thing matters when you buy sticker sets. You might get four or five A's in one set, but probably not six.

Holdwyne

Dreamer
If I were to consider a grandiose response to your proposed sentence challenge, without having the desire or the self-discipline to flip through the old books of yesteryear and to examine the archaic sentence structures of writers now only read by the force of reputation instead of the prospect of enjoyment, I would find myself compelled to find a sentence construct that was poignant, that would fit smoothly and directly into the flow of conversation and create the sense of ironic amusement in those who read through the wordly jumble and deciphered the mock cleverness of its author, so that it would serve to hijack the attention of other conversational topics and present me the opportunity to attempt to bring this thread to its inevitable killing with a future response by me of "Thanks!"

Outstanding!!! :)