• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Lawyers come! Does the content of a book affect its legal standing beyond the public domain?

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Feel free to deem it a privilege, but in this context it doubles as a deterrent. Two descriptors can be applicable at the same time.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Yes but the real question is what mode of immortality will you take? …vampiric? Elven? Maybe you should consult your immortality thread.
Plain, old rejuvenation. I hold out hope that Aubrey de Grey is right about reversing aging by addressing the damages accrued by various processes. His idea is that there are seven or so distinct causes of aging, which in theory means that if we were to successfully address each, than each of those breakthroughs could buy people living today the additional years to experience further breakthroughs on countering the other causes. Rinse and repeat until we can reverse the various effects well enough to be "immortal" or at least longer-lived. If not, at least he wrote some interesting books on the topic.

Last edited:

Rexenm

Inkling
I wonder how you would enforce such a decree I think. Do you build up a fighting force from scratch, or do you cross the line in an instant? It is about unity in conviction. There is power in force, but where is the salesman in the scenario?

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Having read the responses I reckon such a task is beyond anyone's control, but at least a pithy statement like the one I started this thread with could be a nice cry into eternity (or a couple of centuries at most more likely) for historians and readers to use as trivia. A fine enough outcome.

Plain, old rejuvenation. I hold out hope that Aubrey de Grey is right about reversing aging by addressing the damages accrued by various processes. His idea is that there are seven or so distinct causes of aging, which in theory means that if we were to successfully address each, than each of those breakthroughs could buy people living today the additional years to experience further breakthroughs on countering the other causes. Rinse and repeat until we can reverse the various effects well enough to be "immortal" or at least longer-lived. If not, at least he wrote some interesting books on the topic.
Very meta. That breaks my little brain.