• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Looking for authors aspiring for traditional publication!

JBCrowson

Inkling
You don't have to WRITE a subgenre to offer feedback on pacing and wording and stuff like that. :) I'm here for all the sword clattering and dragon questing and orc smashing, I just also write people with the same gender smooching while I'm at it. ;) If you're cool with sometimes hearing about it, I'd also be happy to write with you!
I'm very relaxed about who does what to whom with their 'bits' both RW and in my reading / writing. There are characters in my book who are intimate with same gender, same gender, different races. I've never felt the need to make the gender the focus of a scene or be what makes a character unique. Romance happens too, but is also never intentionally the theme or focus - if the MC never fancied anyone and never met anyone who did either, it would be just weird (to me). Some people like to write stuff where the gender identity is the focus, which is all good as there are people who like to read that stuff (it would also be fine if no one ever read it).

ixris

Scribe
I'm very relaxed about who does what to whom with their 'bits' both RW and in my reading / writing. There are characters in my book who are intimate with same gender, same gender, different races. I've never felt the need to make the gender the focus of a scene or be what makes a character unique. Romance happens too, but is also never intentionally the theme or focus - if the MC never fancied anyone and never met anyone who did either, it would be just weird (to me). Some people like to write stuff where the gender identity is the focus, which is all good as there are people who like to read that stuff (it would also be fine if no one ever read it).
Yeah, lemme tell you I didn't MEAN to make this story heavy on the gender and romance. When I started my zero, I thought I was writing a 12th century noir with ghosts! 🤔 Whoops my hand slipped. 😂