• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Lovecraftian horror

David@2011

Scribe
Lovecraftian deities and themes are a huge part of my story and I would like to share some of my ideas and monsters with you.
The void is one of the most mysterious places in existence being an infinite place of well, void. It contains a hive mind of creatures made from the chaos that existed before the creation of everything that was used to create everything. There goal is to corrupt and destroy; just some senseless and mindless creatures of mass destruction, with a few exceptions.
There is also the cognitive realm; the realm where thoughts are made manifest. Every important emotion or thought or even memory that you have ever had exists in this realm. And if they have enough importance they can manifest into the physical world, sort of.
These are only a few of the many creations that I will be sharing.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Lovecraftian entities play a significant role in my writing. Lovecraftian Gods and creatures appear under different names, as do mangled versions of locations.

I have zero clue what that is. But yah. I think a huge part of my writing is that my imagination is so high in the sky, it is easy to write with ease.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Kay...

Lovecraft was/is a horror fiction writer in the early 1900's. His stories often carried cosmic themes with strange creatures that were of an undeterminable nature. To study or share the mind of one would bring insanity. Most of his creatures were a type of chaotic force that caused madness and destruction, and had aims beyond human comprehension.

Cthulhu was his most recognized God.
iu

pmmg

Myth Weaver
If that is true, you are probably influenced by Mr. Lovecraft in some way. His fiction has inspired others, who have inspired others....and so on.

Mr. Lovecraft is one of the names a fantasy/horror writer should know.

How lovely. I usually do Fantasy. And I write about 3-7 paragraphs response at a time if I try hard enough.

I have one character named Alisia, who was capable of erase everything and anything from reality in a blink of an eye.

Literally. Alisia can achieve and do absolutely anything without any limit or condition to her abilities (from using all elements of nature to cause natural disasters in global scale, controlling time to the point she can reset the world's timeline at any moment she wants and even alter the aspect of space.
She is strong. ^-^

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well...I dont write lovescraftian fiction....

No cosmic deities who destroy worlds from me. :) I leave that to others.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I am good, but will be in bed soon.

I dont really want to junk up this dudes thread with stuff not on topic. I hope you understand.

There is a late night crowd that comes on in a short while (Late night by my standards), and then for most of the day tomorrow. I am in EST.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Funny, I am watching a movie called 'gods of the deep' as I type, and though I am not supposed to think so, I swear the creature in it is Cthulhu. Clearly the monster designer had him in mind when he made the CGI model. He even has the little wings.