• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Magick And Symbolism

Valen

Acolyte
As a young and aspiring writer, most would assume that since im writing about a topic as broad as fantasy it would be difficult to reasearch and blend all the reasearch together. Its not. I might be one of few that once had this issue, so I am sorry if this does not help. Anywho, lets begin.
When researching for magick and symbolism, please look towards folklore, and religion. Although it may seem a bit tedious to mix religion with writting, its perfectly fine as long as its taken with a grain of salt. For instance, wicca. Wicca is a religion that involves work with beings and spirits beyond our plane of existance. If you're looking for symbolism, and ideas for magickal rituals or plain spells, wicca is a great way to narrow down your topics and search. Another help is talking to artists, or people who study marketing. Most people who make art, or study/work in marketing have to take a course in color theory and what type of "vibe" it gives off. If you can talk to someone in these studies or proffesions about it, I highly reccomend it.
Another help for magick is researching ceremonial rituals in all types of religions. Truth be told, if you're researching magick at all, a good place to start is religion.

If you took the time to read through this I thank you immensly, and I hope I was of moderate help. Have a lovely time writting and reasearching.