• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Most weird or bizarre things you have written?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I just dont know. I have written surreal stuff, but I try to avoid things that would throw the reader.

One thing I have been thinking on for a long time is how to capture a truly alien mind. When (if) I ever get to that story, I want something profoundly unknowable, but I am not sure how to capture it. So...maybe someday in the future I will try.
 

bobicus

Acolyte
One of my favorite ideas is a manoral farming system where the crop is both the product and the lord of the manor. Same "alien intelligence" idea that you have to grapple with. I don't have a plot for it yet, so it's staying in the back pocket.
 
While it's postponed so I can finish at least one of my projects this year.
I'm currently tackling a King Midas Parody.
It's the most 'anime' project I've written and it's so 'for me' that I doubt it'll find an audience outside of it's 'target' audience.
But I enjoyed the idea enough to continue it later.
 
Let's see, I have a few:

1. I once wrote a story about a man on a hike through the woods. He ends up chasing a toad because it stole his bacon, and follows it through a portal. He ends up in a dystopian cyberpunk future where he befriends an anthropomorphic Venus flytrap who's also a trucker. They team up to track down and defeat the toad and get his bacon back.


2. A short story set on a planet with an eery resemblance to feudal Japan. The protagonist was a ninja who isn't respected by his sensei nor fellow ninjas because he's seen as a loser for being a slacker and watching anime. Then, one day, space pirates attack his planet and he must save the day.

3. My personal favorite. It was about a hygiene obsessed, clean-shaven pirate named Captain Shavedbeard. He was searching for Davy Jones' toothbrush. The only member of his crew was just a coconut with an eyepatch (that somehow burnt down entire cities and a reputation for merciless killings.) It was just a regular coconut, but Shavedbeard isn't right in the head and talks to it like it's alive and can understand him.
 
Last edited:
Top