• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Moving forward.

FatCat

Maester
I have been struck by alchoholism and through this addiction I have been unable to write. It's true that this disease ensnares anyone close to it, and for this I'm left without the ability to relate to those around me. I've posted messages that don't make sense, and have contributed to an internet troll culture I admonish.

I wish I could forget transgressions done, but sin doesn't work like that.

I want to apologize to the entirety of the MS community, who shared a dream and became disillusioned along its path. I'm the same ideas that promoted my interest in writing. In particular, I wish to say I'm sorry to Ankari, who's challenges forced me to write with reason.

It'd be easier to walk away, but this unique community deserves more. I'm sorry if I've stunted that growth.

Last edited:

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I'll be praying for you, FatCat.

And I think we'll survive a few crazy posts. No worries on our end.

Russ

Istar
You are on a tough road man, if there is anything we can do to make it easier just ask.

It takes a big person to apologize. For me, apology accepted, odd posts forgotten. Hope to see you around and you give us a chance to help celebrate your upcoming successes in the struggle with this disease.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Best wishes as you move forward with your healing. We all have our demons, and it's good that you spotted them before they overwhelmed you. You're young and have a lot of life left to live, and a lot of your real self left to give. Whether that be to writing, or to your friends and family.

You'll always have friends here, so take what strength you can from us and take each day as its own. Things will get better, even if they have to get worse before they get better. :) Keep your chin up and smile, already! You're worth it. We all are.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
+190 rep points! ...Yeah, rep points are just silly, meaningless things.

Taking ownership of a problem and apologizing to those around you is a much more meaningful gesture. It's not just a gesture, but the path to a solution.

Alcoholism is very real, and I know people who were close to me who suffered from this and got help. I hope recognizing nonsensical posts are the turning point. For a friend of mine, it was imprisonment after his 4th DUI that got him to own it, solve it, and never drink again.

So yes, you're in my thoughts and prayers. But don't just wait for divine intervention to happen. Get help, go to an AA meeting. There's no shame in it, so go with your head held high. You're solving a problem, and who knows... you might have interesting experiences you can fit into a story.

Solve the drinking as priority one, and don't give up on yourself or your dream.