• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Music these days :)

Rikilamaro

Inkling
See, when I was in high school I was in the choir and band and loved it. I also had fab friends who got me into the popular "boy bands" thing was....they weren't so hot at my high school and we were often times made fun of for liking such groups as Backstreet Boys, 5ive (UK band), *N sync, O'town, and can't forget Aaron Carter, who wasn't a "boy band" member but a solo artist. Now, after nearly 14 years of loving these groups, I am still such a huge fan. A lot of people still think BSB aren't around but that's not true. They've always been around just not quite as popular until this year. One thing that's always kind of drove me crazy is for Aaron. He has very few people who know his talent. His big hit was "I Want Candy" and most people know this song. However, his fame came from being the younger brother of Backstreet Boy Nick and his talent went unnoticed. He's been working on a new record this year, and starring in a play in New York through the end of this month, but his talent is incredible and he hasn't gotten near the recognition he should. Knowing him, I will take every chance I can to give him a plug (that's what friends do for friends, famous or not) but truth is, he deserves to be recognized for his fab voice and not just Nick's younger brother. I'm so anxious to see what kind of recognition his new tracks get when he finally lets them out. I listen to his new records all the time. Just goes to show that the true talent doesn't get near the recognition it should.

What about New Kids on the Block? Was that before your time? :) Cause I used to love them. Nowadays I've become less mainstream, only because I look for things my son and I can listen together.

New Kids isn't before my time, I just wasn't a fan of them. However, I got to see them in concert with BSB last June in Pittsburgh. I took my best friend on a week long trip for her 25th bday and we saw the NKOTBSB show and we met Nick and the other guys. I have to say New Kids are very impressive and wonderful entertainers. I am now a fan of Donnie. I love his show on tv (Blue Bloods) and if I have a chance to see NKOTB again I definitely will. I got lucky. My son loves my music. He's also a fan of BSB and Aaron because I am and he's also just recently become aware of where his middle name came from (Carter) Yeah, I know, cheesy but hey, I loved it :D. I'm looking forward to the time when he gets to meet Aaron, and hopefully that will be soon.