• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

My dream

caters

Sage
My dream last night was one of those deep sleep dreams. I often dream about what might happen in my writing but this was different.

My dream goes like this.

I was looking up in the night sky and saw no moon, just clouds and a few stars here and there. Then I saw giant star clusters dominated in luminosity by some giant stars in those clusters and the sky got brighter. The clouds went away by the time I saw these giant star clusters. I still couldn't see the moon due to the very luminous star clusters. I almost fell asleep when suddenly I noticed extreme light intensity in my eyes. I woke up and it was beautiful. I saw red and blue stars and a very colorful night sky.

All the giant stars have exploded in supernovae By the time the sun rose, it looked like there were multiple suns. The red and blue stars faded as did the supernovae in the bright sunlight. I knew there was only 1 sun but still the day was brighter than normal. The earth happened to be protected from neutrinos and gamma rays but in such a way that visible light would still pass through.

The night once again was beautiful and I could see the moon despite all the bright patches. I took pictures of every stage of these near earth supernovae including when I saw just normal stars before the bright nights. Everybody was astonished that I witnessed multiple near earth supernovae and survived. So much so that I got a world record for noticing the most supernovae in action during my lifetime. My career became looking for stars that could form near earth supernovae and telling everyone about it as it happens.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
A lot more interesting than my recurring dream of not being able to find the way out of a huge film studio...
I've spent days/night trying to find an exit to the bloody Commissariat...

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I have something similar in 'Empire: Spiral,' slated for the July NaNo.

Most of the action takes place on a very strange world dotted with human and alien cities. And a barred spiral - full on view of a galaxy - dominates the night sky.