• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

new member here

Howdy everyone!

Well, i stumbled across this forum by mere chance. The place looks great and I figured it was worth signing up. :)

So, a brief, kind of bio is that I've only been writing (as a major aspect of my life) for about two and half to three years. It seems that most writers I meet or read about have written all there lives -- that's not me, and I have a lot to learn, especially in fiction.

I began writing non-fiction, and have been published (and a second book on the way to publishing next year) but writing fiction, that gets published is probably my deepest writing desire. It would make it even better if I can do this, writing fantasy, which is my first, true love in fiction!

I'm a "pantser" (discovery writer) in my non-fiction, but I simply cannot "pants" my fiction. I've tried it, and they are a mess. So I'm learning about outlining, planning, plotting etc. Very new for me, and I hope to learn for others, as well as just have fun talking about my favorite genre -- fantasy fiction!

Guru Coyote

Archmage
Welcome in! You sure found the right place by the sounds of it.
How long someone has been wrinting depends a lot on what they consider to be "writing." How much and how regular... :)

Welcome to the Scribes, glad to have you, Northern Phoenix. You seem to have a good sense of yourself, thats valuable for a writer, and I think you will get a lot out of this place should you choose to stick around. It has certainly helped me.

Best of luck.