• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

So, I've been writing for several years now-more often than not it has been fanfiction, but one needs start somewhere-and have finally decided to become a bit more serious about my own works. I've got ideas for novels piling up quickly, but I've never been fully able to sit down and continue writing them after the first few days of initial excitement.

Just recently, well to be honest yesterday, I picked up one of my favorite ideas. My main hope with joining this forum is that I'll be able to get others to help keep me on track with wanting to continue. Or to at least find a few people to toss around ideas.

I'm really not picky when it comes to genres, as long as the characters are likeable and well-written. But I'm currently working on a paranormal story. I've always been morbidly fascinated with death and ghosts, so rather predictably that's what I'm in the process of writing. Anyone else in the same boat?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Rebekah! Feel free to jump in and share your work with us once you have enough posts to access the Showcase, and more importantly, an idea to share. In the meantime, you can join in the various discussions, games and chit-chat. Don't worry, we don't bite. XD

MadMadys

Troubadour
Welcome R-M! While I don't have any sort of death fascination myself, I'm sure there are those here that share your interests. Of course, all of us are able to help out in any way we can! We'll even help get rid of the bodies.

Don't worry, we don't bite. XD

I see this mentioned in a lot of welcome posts. Is there a view out there that authors are voracious people? Is there some tipping point once you finish your 10th draft that you turn cannibal?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I see this mentioned in a lot of welcome posts. Is there a view out there that authors are voracious people? Is there some tipping point once you finish your 10th draft that you turn cannibal?

Well, some writers (not necessarily here -- we're pretty friendly people) are harsh critics, and metaphorically tear people's work to shreds. That's how I see it, anyway. We nom on writing, not the people behind it. ^^

MadMadys

Troubadour
Well, some writers (not necessarily here -- we're pretty friendly people) are harsh critics, and metaphorically tear people's work to shreds. That's how I see it, anyway. We nom on writing, not the people behind it. ^^

You probably shouldn't be eating paper but I do understand now. It appears, then, that my recent desire to eat people has nothing to do my recent drafts... this is disconcerting.

You've come to the right place Rebekah-Marie, welcome to the Scribes. Just let us know what you need help with, or just join in on the many and varied discussions and ramblings, and have fun.

Whilst I appreciate the offer to hide the evidence, it won't be needed. I don't mean just actual death, but the mythos that revolves around it-ie:necromancers, ghosts, zombies.
Thanks for immediately putting me at ease though!

I'm glad to hear that. I have had a few bad creative writing class experiences where we were encouraged to keep everything "mundane because then everyone can relate to it". And while I am sure that definitely won't be an issue here, it is nice to hear assurances that there are no Hannibals here.

Okay, first thing that I have to say is that I adore your quotation and I cannot wait for the movie to come out.
But now, with fangirling aside, thanks very much! I'm much looking forward to diving in!