• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

One week from tonight...

Ravana

Istar
Saw them twice, back in the day: once opening for Judas Priest (what a combo!), once headlining. Both shows awesome. The second one is the only concert I've ever attended where the band came back for an unplanned encore… after the house lights came (and stayed) up. Gotta respect a band that respects its fans that way.

I also have to say that Maiden is probably the most literate band I'm familiar with. Who knew you could rock Coleridge? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

JCFarnham

Auror
Who knew you could rock Coleridge? ;)

Turns out you can. You also have to respect a band whose singer flies a significant amount of the equipment to the gigs on a world tour.. himself..

Saw them once at the Students union back in my home town, did an entire album of material in order. Pretty cool. Oh and I saw the bass player in an airport, but that's slightly less impressive when you consider how, you know, normal people do fly places every now and again haha

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Yes, they have a bunch of great songs, many of which are related to books, history and so on. Phantom of the Opera, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Alexander the Great. There's the song about Dune (can't think of the name).

I saw them play years ago, separate a few nights from a Jethro Tull concert, which was really good (Maiden sometimes covers a Tull song, but did not when I saw them).

So this will be twice. I've seen Tull three times. Opeth is still in the lead with five times, and I've seen Frank Black/Black Francis of Pixies fame four.

In any event, this show is going to be good :)