• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Pics that Inspire You

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Devor gave me some great Facebook pages that have pics of fantasy-inspired and even real life art a while back. I find that looking at these kind of pics sometimes spark ideas in my head. What are some great places you find pics (fantasy or real) that set your mind in motion?

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I like DeviantART.
It's got a huge amount of pictures, but it's fairly easy to navigate it so you can easily find things that interest you.

If I wanted some inspiration for the scenery for my current WIP I'd use the side bar to get to the right category (photos, nature, landscapes) and then type in some keywords (summer hills forest) and I'd get the following result: Browsing Landscapes on deviantART

Then I forget what it was I was supposed to be doing and start looking at pictures instead :)

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
The Paper Wall is a great one. It's a massive collection of images designed to be desktop wallpapers, and the fantasy section has something like 2,000 of them.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
The Paper Wall does have some really great images. I'll have to check it out when I'm trying to write my weekly short story.

SeverinR

Vala
The paperwall is like my Fantasy trading cards.
I have a photo album full of Fantasy trading cards by different artists.
I did like the Game of thrones wall papers, I saw two definate ones.