• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Desk Pics

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
Wow. That's a lot of toys. Now I'm totally jealous! :D

Some people have a weakness for Hello Kitty. I have a weakness for robots, or mecha if you're talking the language of anime. Even though I don't write stories with robots in them, they are a constant source of inspiration. Some of my best memories from childhood are of watching shows like Transformers and Robotech or reading about great RPG universes like Battletech.

Plus playing with a transformer when you're stuck on a story point is great for jogging things lose. :p

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Plus playing with a transformer when you're stuck on a story point is great for jogging things lose. :p

Yis! That's the same reason I have my metal Slinky. The noise it makes when I play with it somehow teases loose the tangles in my brain.

And I also grew up watching Robotech and other anime in the '80's, one of the benefits of living on the West Coast. When I moved to the Midwest as a teen and found out most people had never heard of it, I was dismayed. Of course, now things are totally different, and that makes me happy. :D

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I wanted to share with you two more pictures, so you can see the other inhabitants of my Writing Area. I do not have any Transformers, but there is this strange creature living with me:

Fotografi_a_3124.jpg

That red creature is called Lisk. I do not know what species Lisk belongs too, but it lives very happily with its purple and equally unusual friend called Lisy:

Fotografi_a_3125.jpg

Ophiucha

Auror
I moved into my husband's house, which was too small already for his desk and we're certainly not finding anywhere for a second. So my desk is my lap, with me sitting on a pile of pillows and a bed rest. On the bed. At least I have a nice big window right behind me when I want some natural light or fresh air. :p

uY69iX8.png

Graylorne

Archmage
My desk? Well, here goes.

UW-_gY4mFnqQbW1BmpDcDCvFQ4Z3ndeQ7eLg8SdDZdU=w276-h207-p-no

The desk itself was my grandfather's, who died half a century ago, so it's getting on in years.

I'm generally using two screens (the 3rd is a spare), one for games & writing and another for email & media.

And here's the room behind it:

study1.jpg

Photo was taken when I'd just cleaned up, so it's not really representative.