• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Desk Pics

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
We've done a thread describing our desks, but I'm a very visual person, so I thought why not show actual pictures?

Desk_zpse963cd88.jpg

As you can see, I've got Scribes up in the background, 'cus that's how I roll. ;)

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
That is, indeed, my baby griffon. :D I was an end-game raider for 8 years - and then realized it was that or writing.

Lace

Troubadour
Very VERY nice! I used to run with one of the top ranking guilds on my server, but I had to quit when I realized I wasn't doing anything else productive with my life. It did get my through my husband's deployment though! lol

I usually ran as an Night Elf Druid and I would act as a healer. I went to my first comic con this year and I told the hubs I want to go back next year and cosplay it up as WoW character. He refuses to dress up with me! :)

Steerpike

Felis amatus
My desk is currently quite bland, since I finally got around to cleaning everything off. Windows on the left, Linux on the right.

WP_20140125_001.jpg

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I need Windows for certain games and work-related documents. I use Linux for everything else because I like it better :)

Lace

Troubadour
I thought I'd join in on this! We are currently trying to sell our house and had to "stage" it so there was a battle between my desk and the hub's drum set and my desk lost.:(

If we ever get moved I'll post a pic of my new set up, but I thought I'd show you how I roll at the moment. This little gem conveniently sits over my lap no matter which room I move to in the house. As you can see though, the fur babies can do the same and couldn't resist investigating. They make it difficult to get things accomplished. :)

photo_zps19626026.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
No office is complete without the fur babies, imo. I work next to a large dog bed that regularly accommodates 2 Japanese Chins and at least 1 of our 3 cats - all at once!

Lace

Troubadour
I agree! We've got three cats and the dog and they're always fighting for my lap. My cats do try to sneak on the laptop for warmth though! :)

Rinzei

Troubadour
My desk area is a bit bland at the minute. We've yet to decorate any of the house, so I've not started sprucing it up until we do that (IF we do that >.> ).

DSC_0076.jpg

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
It may not be a real desk, but this is where I write anyway:

Fotografi_a_2664.jpg

The purple light in the room comes from my purple curtains, that's my Red Riding Hood Wallpaper in the screen and you can also see a part of my purple wall =)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
That is correct Thinker, and I am sitting on my bed as I write this post.

You know, maybe I should get a real desk to work on like all writers do... I would like a big, heavy wooden desk with many places for my printed material and my handwritten notes, and also another part for my cat to sleep in and have strange dreams while I write something.

Do you have pictures of your desk?

As you can see in the picture, I have placed my computer on top of its original cardboard box. It's safer than it looks, but I really need to get something stronger in case that there is another Earthquake...

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Do you have pictures of your desk?

I'll include a desk picture with the batch I'll send you tonight - along with a couple of the folks homestead and lake (leaving for there shortly), and *maybe* a daylight photo of 'Isabella' (and possibly her sister)...assuming it came out. (battery died as I clicked the picture).

My work area, however, is a disaster zone - so much so its spread out over two desks.

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
Here's panorama of my very very messy work area. In reality it's shaped like a C but in the picture, to the left is my writing laptop and toward the right is my desktop. In between are a bunch of my transformers and writing books. Not shown is my second laptop which is usually to the right of my desktop.

There are two types of people in the world, filers and pilers. I'm definitely a piler. All you guys have such tidy work areas. Five minutes after I clean mine, I'll tornado over it and it ends up being a different configuration of messy.

Desktop2_zpsba05a222.jpg